Sunday, December 14, 2008

Whats up!

I know I haven’t been showing my blog much love lately; there really is no excuse for it not like I have a job or anything. For this I apologize to those few of you who do read it. So I’ll do a quick update of what all has been going on. My incredibly awesome sister is officially in Iraq serving her country till February. Leaving me and Sadie all alone in my dark, cold, lonely house. I can't even begin to describe how much I look up to my little sister and how proud I am of her. She truly is an amazing person, it’s takes a certain kind to VOLENTEER to go to Iraq especially over the holidays. I love and miss you little sister!

So what do I do all day long being alone in my house you wonder, well… I look for work a few times a week. Still haven’t found anything I want to do. (still working on my 5 year plan) Run errands if I have errands to run, watch movies, or play video games, go to the gym, and hang out with friends. Oh and I have been doing a lot of experimenting with cooking as well. I took the past few days to find and change a recipe of Gingerbread cookies to make my own, and I finally found a recipe that’s really good. I’m quite pleased… I know it’s kinda girly but I love to cook I found out. Awesome thing about being broke and home alone, I’ve started cooking a lot.

Well beginning of this week I got a call from one of my best friend Grant telling me that Wicked (the Broadway musical) is touring to Utah, and it’s the actual Broadway across America tour cast. So it’s just a step below going to see it in New York. Granted it would be nothing like the experience to seeing it in New York, but as a simple Utahn’ I’ll take it. So since Grants wife Amber is a huge, huge, huge, huge, fan of the music, and the book he had to get tickets to the show for fear of divorce. (haha it’s a joke she wouldn’t leave him for not getting tickets to this show, but she would be disappointed) Well they both are in Maryland currently and asked me if I would get them their tickets. After a little research on how the sale date for this show is going down, I planned my choice of attack to get tickets. And I have to say I was very disappointed in what friends I thought I still had at the radio station. Out of the people I texted or called to see if there was a chance I could maybe get tickets put on hold so I could buy them without having to either stand in line all night, or sit at my computer with the phone in hand trying to desperately maybe get tickets. Only one person actually responded and was actually chatty with me. I wasn’t expecting much by calling or texting them; I honestly expected the answer “No we can’t put tickets on hold.” So don’t think that I was upset that I couldn’t get the tickets through my old connections. I was fully prepared to go wait in line all night. But It made me realize just how grateful I am that I no longer work for that company, and just how corrupt those vultures are. Right now I will admit apart from a small few I have little or no kind words to say about those who do work there. And looking back on my experience working there I pity the businesses that advertise with them. If they only knew what goes on behind those doors a good majority of them wouldn’t. Kay that’s enough of my bitching about that company.

Back to my story, Thursday night I went to the Gateway mall to do some Christmas shopping, after I left I drove past the Capitol Theatre to see if there was a line starting or not. There wasn’t so I declared I was safe till 1am to get in line. At 1am I left my house and as I was driving down 500 S. in Bountiful, all of the sudden the familiar flashing lights showed up behind me. Something you should know about Bountiful cop they are hands down the most bored and unprofessional cops in Utah, for a routine stop as in not fully stopping at a stop sign you should expect at least two cop cars to show up. And possibly a third will roll by to check it out. I’ve been at the Exxon gas station filling up my car and next to me was a tricked out Honda with the spoiler, custom lights and the coffee can exhaust pipe. He was filling up his car like me and a cop pulls up behind him, and proceeds to make sure his car is street legal. As I was coming out of the station from paying for gas and my soda, two more cop car had pulled in and he was now being questioned by all three cops… that’s my tax dollars at work… makes me so proud! So I pulled over and the cop comes to my window. Now this part I’m going to write like you were to read a conversation in a book to save me from typing, “he said, then I said, that when he”

He looked at my license then looked at me. “Where you off to at 1am?”

“I’m going into Salt lake to get in line to buy tickets for Wicked in the morning.”

“Wicked?”

“Yeah Wicked, the Broadway musical. It’s coming to Utah in April and tickets go on sale in the morning.”

Now words cannot describe the look the cop gave me. It was mixtures of what I’m guessing is confusion, are you serious, and fear. If he had to say something to go with the look I’d assume it would be, “I can believe I just pulled over a gay.” (Which I’m not! I very much love the ladies!) He gave me back my papers and license then tells me that I was swerving coming down the hill…(BULL!!!) and sent me on my way!

Now when I got to Capitol Theatre the line had formed and had rounded the first corner of the block. I took my place in line luckily there was a granite ledge in front of window to the building where I got in line so I had a place to sit that wasn’t the sidewalk. I pulled out my iTouch and started up The Dark Knight. After my movie ended I check to see if I could steal internet from one of the businesses nearby, and I found one. Haha, stupid business... First thing I did was check the temperature, 27 F'in degrees. No wonder I couldn’t feel my feet and lower legs. So after watching The Dark Knight, and two episode of Chuck, I attempted to nap, but the amount of red bull in my body just wasn’t having it. I let one of my friends little sister cut in line with me, she showed up around 6am with McDonalds to pay me for the sweet spot in line. Hey if there is food involed I'm always game for a little dishonesty. At about 6:50am the line finally began to move, an hour and a half later, and after four times of changing the dates I wanted to buy, I finally got good tickets and was gently shown back out to the cold. I wanted to sptint to my car where a working heater resided but alas I was stopped by about 10 people asking if they had a chance to get tickets of if they could buy mine, I was very tired, very cold, and very irritable. I could only respond with “I don’t know. And hell no!” Just so they would let me go home.

I got the tickets and am very very happy that night it over now I'll have to pull another all-nighter here soon to attempt to get my sleep schedule back in the norm. Grant, Amber I love you guys but next time you want me to stand in line over night in the middle of winter, all I can say is, you two are coming with I’m not going through that alone again! Or we're going in shifts.

Till next blog, goodnight!
-miniSCHOF

5 comments:

The Wettstein Family said...

You are hands down, and the awesomest friend.

The Gramber Bies said...

It really is true, you are the awesomest friend. I am so sorry I couldn't be there to support you. You freaking rock man! You freaking rock! You are WICKED!!! Yeah, I've only got one thing to say...ROCK LOBSTER!!!!!

Sara said...

wow...alison is in iraq?
do you have her address?

wow...you are a devoted friend!

wow...i like the part- haha, stupid business:)

The Gramber Bies said...

The Other Gramber Bie here.

I'm sorry you had to get so COLD for our tickets but I SOO appreciate it, and besides you can thank me for putting you in the Gingerbread frame of mind! See :)

lol anyway I LOVE your cop story thats the BEST! Geishas Gone Wild!!

Anonymous said...

I've seen the Wicked two times. I really enjoyed the show. Last year I got a cheap ticket and I went, it was really a great show. I will go see it for the third time next weekend.

http://www.ticketsinventory.com/theatre/wicked-tickets/

So I'll be analyzing as well as enjoying the show.