Sunday, November 9, 2008

Five Senses Friday

I know I'm two days late, it's been a busy weekend...
Tasting

Dunford Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies


Okay they were a little stale since I got them at Wal-Mart, and everything at Wal-Mart is always sub-par and never as good as it should be. Because hey it’s Wal-Mart and “We force local small businesses to permanently close their doors,” but stale or not they were delicious!


Smelling

Candle Breeze’s Country Apple Wickless Candle.


My whole upstairs smells like an apple orchard! It’s Awesome! And girly…



Feeling


Actually compared to my last post I’m feeling pretty good. I was offered a job as a full-time server at Chili’s. But I’m not taking it. Alas they offer no benefits… But it felt good to know I was offered a job.




Seeing

Chuck Season 1



I didn’t get into this show till two weeks ago when I watch an episode at my brother’s house, I came home and immediately added the first season to my Netflix queue. Since then I’ve burned copies of them and have watched the first season almost twice through… Hey I don’t have a job; I have a lot of free time! And Sarah in that show is incredibly HOT!!!

Hearing

The Chainsaw reving up on my Lancer before I take to the chest of a Locust Drone. Gears of War 2 is the most intense game I’ve played in a long time! I know I’m a geek, I’ve already beat the game; it’s that awesome and I couldn’t put the controller down.
Call me what you will but take the level and degree’s of nerdom into effect. There’s:

Dork - A dork is the lowest level of nerdom. A dork does a few of these, but in very little amount(i.e. 3-6 hours a week), partake in Xbox Lan parties, plays computer strategy/role playing games, Likes one of the following series; Star Wars, Star Trek, and Lord of the Rings.

Geek - Geek the middle class of nerdom. A geek plays video games regularly, reads comics/graphic novels semi-regularly, collects action figures, fully loves the original Star Wars Trilogy (And that includes Ewoks… The rebellion would have failed if it weren’t for these furry forest creatures!), and curses George Lucas’s name for the New Trilogy ( Jar Jar… really George? You know you created the most hated and annoying character in movie history. And he single handedly gave the republic over to the empire, Bravo! Next time you want rape a series do it to Planet of the Apes because no one watches nor cares about that series, leave Star Wars and Indiana Jones alone.) Enjoys Lord of the Rings, or Star Trek, but not both

Nerd - The highest level of nerdom. Nerds are the bane of all the previous levels and give them a bad name. These are the pale skinned creatures that come out from their parent’s basements only to join a fellow nerd in a skilled competition of D&D or for the new Final Fantasy game… They have a very unpleasant hair style, poor hygiene, long finger nails, and shower monthly. These are the type of people that you see dress up as their favorite character for whatever convention they may be attending. And most likely have the Klingon language memorized; if not, they most likely have created their own language. To these creatures of the basement Lord of the Rings Star Trek and Star Wars is real… or they wish it was real.

That being said I gladly admit to being a Geek.

6 comments:

The Wettstein Family said...

I'm a nerd. Except for the whole video gaming thing. I stay in the basement to hide from my children, and it's hard to get a shower in more than once a month. Btw, shame on you, Star Trek IS SO REAL!

Laura Howard said...

I am intrigued by that wickless candle thingy...I must find more about it seeing as how I can't have candles in my apartment. Lame-o.

I may not be a full-blown geek...but it's too close to call. WotLK comes out this week. Woot!

The Gramber Bies said...

Um.. I suppose I'm a dork, I do enjoy hours of Sims.. but their more like moving dollys, live action barbie!

That candel does smell wonderful!

Exhibit A for why Grant loaths WalMart : Your Pumpkin Cookies.

Sara said...

okay, i started reading this the other day and got interrupted, probably had to go change a poopy diaper....anyways, your descriptions are too funny, and perfect! except on the nerd level you forgot to include the proverbial wearing of the trenchcoat- preferably long, black, and leather. i would say chris is teetering between dork and geek...thankfully he will never graduate to nerdom, although some days i wonder. you are great!

Papa Bear / RugerSchof said...

OK.. First of all GOW2 is way to easy! Caleb and I spent the last two days up at Island Park cleaning the new family cabin (in preperation for Thanksgiving) and every night we played GOW2 on the hardest level and I am quite disapointed on how easy it is. I guess I will have to play "Insane" once I have unlocked it by beatinig the game on "Hardcore" Anyways... I guess the Geekness runs in the blood. However, dad doesn't seem to portray any signs. Or does he????

Papa Bear / RugerSchof said...

Also, Chuck Rules!!! Am I right? or am I right? Right!