Friday, September 26, 2008

Seriously!

I just want to thank everyone that said "Happy Birthday" to me yesterday. Even though two people didn't say it to me... haha, but I see or talk to them almost every other day so it's all good. I know I'm over dramtic and keep stressing over getting closer to the big three zero. But seeing people go out of their way to say happy birthday or buy you a $10 starbucks giftcard even though they don't have to, really make getting older worth it.
Yeah I got cake, Ice Cream, more cake, $200 giftcard to best buy from my coworkers, but the best part of my day was reading the blog that my sister-in-law posted lastnight. Here is a copy of what she posted. Thank you and I love you all!

Happy Birthday to our brother and uncle Jason dear,
We’ll celebrate in style with a water and no beer.
A talented artist and photographer true,
He is humble as pie and doesn’t hog the loo.
We love when he visits, especially his bro,
They play nerdy xbox games and eat funyuns you know.
Handsome as a hunky dude and smile bigger than the moon,
I just know he has a fan club affectionately known as “Faint & Swoon”.
He says funny things, a right jolley ol’ chap,
A stand up comedian that makes you slap your lap.
His clever mind is always brewing deep thoughts like Jack Handy,
I hear he even stays clear of strangers danger offering candy.
They know him very well at the theater showing movies,
A connoisseur of fine sound systems, popcorn, and all things groovy.
Often seen with books, this boy knows how to read,
even a comic would suffice as he finishes in record speed.
He also likes his music, varied taste does he have,
One moment he’ll be hearing indie, then electronic or some jazz.
A puppy companion steals his heart and tugs at his strings,
The lady folk will melt when they hear how he sings.
The little kids adore him and jump when he’s around,
Always a listening ear to humor their stories kindly found.
We love our Jason dearly, and hope he knows how much,
A real cool cat with oodles of talent, dependable, loyal, and such.

Happy Birthday JASON!!
Remember who you are and don’t party too hard:)We love you!

4 comments:

Stone~Amber said...

I bet I know who one of those peps are...ME and honestly I thought your birthday was TODAY!!! I'm so sorry dude!! HAPPY HAPPY TO JASON
You still look 26 to me :)

Stone~Amber said...

Oh hey I didn't say this thats an AWESOME Poem your sister wrote!! I really really like it

The Wettstein Family said...

Jason!! That poem was groovy! I hope your birthday ended better than it started. What does she mean that you sing? I didn't know that!

Sara said...

thank you for the sweet comments, so glad you liked the birthday shout out! we hope you had a great day, birthdays seem to fizzle the older you get... but as long as there's cake it's all good:)