Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Year Older, & A Year Wiser... Maybe...

Well that time of the year has one again rolled around, and as hard as I try to prevent it time just sneaks up on me and "BOOM!" Its the day I was brought into this world. All throughout my 20's I've had a hard time accepting that I'm getting older. The first half wasn't so bad, then 25 hit... Ok yeah I had a bit of breakdown on my 25th birthday, sure tears were shed, and cake was to be had. When I turned 26 it wasn't as bad, I was still in my mid-twenties. And now... 27 years of age I begin my late-twenties. I'm now two years away from starting the long haul of the bottom of the ninth of my twenties.

Okay yeah I'm being a little over dramatic but I do still have a hard time getting older every year. And with every birthday I take time to sit back and reflect on where I am in life and what has happened over the past year.

Well to begin this year alot has come to pass and I've had some trials to overcome. One I am still battling and hopefully will have slain this diabolical beast that challenges me so this year. I awoke this morn with a great amount of depression and a severe case of no motivation, yeah I was late to work today... oh well. "Why the case of Debbie Downers?" Well let's just say that I thought by 27 I wouldn't be where and who I am today. Sure I've had my fare share of setbacks but they were suppose to just be goomba's walking back and forth aimlessly on my trek to the flag at the end of the level. Yet I've treated them like the huge gaping hole at the 3/4's mark in level 8-1. (hehe, yeah I made a Mario Brothers reference.) I hoped by now I'd have accomplished some personal goals, and have a certain thing in my life where I can say "Best thing to ever happen to a shmuck like me." But since I'm lazy and have been letting things hold me back; I haven't given the time to sit and personally reflect on where I want to be heading and what I want to achieve. And doing this now makes me wonder... Am I the person I was supposed to be, by letting opportunities pass me by or not taking them head on changed what the Lord had planned for me.

Well there is only one thing to do now; I have three years to wrap up my twenties. Time to make the best of it by making things happen, and not just waiting for them to come to me. As in the Famous words of Pig Pen in Out Cold it's time to "Carpe the Diem. Seize The Carp."

2 comments:

The Wettstein Family said...

Awww!! You aren't supposed to be depressed on your birthday. Still, I know how you fell. Believe me, no matter what you accomplish, getting older sucks. Call me sometime! Happy Birthday!! Loves
Di

The Gramber Bies said...

HEY my message just got erased!!

Anyway.. so you lost me, what is it that you didn't do?

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I can't wait to go out tomorrow Grant has a room reserved and everything!!!